Smith County Law Library
The Smith County Law Library serves as a public reference library for use by the:
- Texas 12th Court of Appeals
- Bankruptcy Court
- Federal Court
- District Courts
- County Courts
- Legal Staffs
- Residents of Smith County
The Smith County Law Library's resources include legal information in a variety of formats including:
- Books; Available for use in court, but not generally checked out.
- Online Sources
Location: The Smith County Law Library is located in the basement of the Smith County Courthouse, directly across from the elevator.
100 North Broadway 21B, Tyler, Texas 75702
Phone Number: 903.590.1750
Hours of Operation:
OPEN: Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
CLOSED for LUNCH: Monday - Friday: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
OPEN: Monday - Friday: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
CLOSED: Saturday - Sunday
HOLIDAYS: Refer to the Smith County Courthouse's holiday schedule.
In addition to library reference assistance, the library staff will assist you with:
- Copies @ $0.15 per page
- Faxes - $0.25 per page for local calls and $0.50 per page for long distance calls.
- Notary Services - $3.00 per instrument. Government issued photo I.D. is required to notarize documents.